Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum.  Like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be apart of the Ford Fiesta Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos, more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mamabiscuit

mamabiscuit

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fiesta

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

So my car has had a few issues lately. I'm disabled, on a fixed income, and am worried about what the cost of repairs would be. I'd like to get a general idea of what's wrong and how much it would cost to fix, so I'm here to pick your collective brains. 

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and ask that the moderators move it to the right spot. Thank you. 

The first issue: My radio started to cut off, and then immediately cut on. 

The second issue: Maybe six weeks after the radio started to cut off and on, the warning lights on my display started to blink on and off at the same time that my radio cut off and on. 

The third (and most serious) issue: I had stopped at a light on my way home from running errands. When the light turned green, I put my foot on the gas to go. My car jerked, as though it's a manual transmission I had put into the wrong gear. It lurched again, then drove through the intersection. On the other side, it was driving sluggishly and making a loud noise. I pulled over, called my son, and told him what was going on. He said to put the car in park, turn it off, then turn it back on and see how it behaved then. It worked fine. 

It has behaved normally since then, but the "check engine soon" light is on. I did a Google search and found out about issues with the dual clutch transmission and computer, so I'm aware that might be the issue. But does that explain the "check engine soon" light?

Any information you can give me would be HIGHLY appreciated, and thank you in advance!  

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ·