Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum.  Like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be apart of the Ford Fiesta Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos, more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Engine cutting out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deanmt

deanmt

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fiesta 2003 petrol 1.4 zetec se

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

Hi there, I'm very new to this site and to Fiestas so please be gentle with me.

Just bought a 2003 petrol 1.4 zetec se engine 116k miles and i wish I'd have bought one year's ago, the engine is sweet, it is basic but pleasingly quiet and has the one fault that nearly killed me so I must get it fixed. When the engine is warm, very often when I press the clutch the engine stops, not a massive issue if you are moving at speed as bumping it is easy but today I was pulling into a tight left turn and the engine stalled but the lorry behind me never expected me to stop and it nearly hit me. After googling the problem it appears that it is not uncommon and there are two possible cures, one is to clean the throttle body which I have taken off and cleaned with carb cleaner ( not cured problem) and the other is to clean the idle air control valve of which I cannot find or anybody else who has looked. I have attached some pics of my engine so any help would be appreciated, cheers all.

Attached Files

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ·