Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum.  Like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be apart of the Ford Fiesta Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos, more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transmission Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FiestaRepLV

FiestaRepLV

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hey guys,

Just want to keep you up to date on some Fiesta news.

Some early production models have a PCM (Powertrain Control Module) bug.

If you battery goes completely dead, in some cases your transmission will not operate properly in D or L gear

Reverse will work, but when you shift into drive or low gear, and press on the gas, it will just rev.

The PCM needs to be re-flashed prior to transmission working.

The reason for this, is to not damage the drivetrain components or electronic power steering. It is a safety precaution.

So, if you battery goes completely dead, and you jump it, and it doesnt drive, call Ford Roadside Assistance 800-241-3673. Your local Ford dealer will address the problem, and re-flash the PCM.

Hope this helps to anyone out there that has experienced it.

Attached Files

Rich Ruane

Inventory Advisor/Fiesta Sales Director

Ford Country
280 N Gibson Rd
Henderson, NV 89014
702-566-FORD - main
702-566-9449 - fax
702-580-5200 cell

rruane@fordcountrylv.com
Check us out @ Ford Country

#2 Nels

Nels

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hey guys,

If you battery goes completely dead, in some cases your transmission will not operate properly in D or L gear

Reverse will work, but when you shift into drive or low gear, and press on the gas, it will just rev.

The reason for this, is to not damage the drivetrain components or electronic power steering. It is a safety precaution.

So, if you battery goes completely dead, and you jump it, and it doesnt drive, call Ford Roadside Assistance 800-241-3673. Your local Ford dealer will address the problem, and re-flash the PCM.

So when the time comes to change the battery I will have to get the PCM re-flashed? Is this just on the early cars you mentioned? Once done it won't be an issue again?
----------------------------------------------
Nels
Manitowoc WI

Posted Image

2011 Fiesta SE Sedan
Blue Flame, Sync, Super Fuel Economy package, heated seats and mirrors
Boomerang arm rest - http://www.fiestaarmrest.com/
LED parking lamps (could not get them in an order package, so I ordered from the service dept.)

#3 baumanja

baumanja

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hey guys,

I had this problem but it corrected itself. My car is less than four months old. I went out one morning and started it and it sounded like an almost-dead battery, but it did start. Then I got the "no D or L" response, with reverse working. Turned the car off; went inside, did a little Googling about Fiesta transmissions; didn't learn anything. Went back outside, started the car again (a little hesitant, but it started) and my transmission was okay. Haven't had the issue again though I've got a lot of starts that seem less than robust!

Edited by baumanja, 28 November 2010 - 06:41 PM.

#4 Blueman

Blueman

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Fiesta SE

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

Hello from Canada,
I have had my blue Fiesta since September and currently has just under 9000 km.

I am new to this forum, just a couple days. I joined because I was searching for the issues you have mentioned above. I did have a couple of sluggish starts. I just thought it was the cold winters in the great white north. Then two evenings ago I would shift my transmission into gear and drive or low gear would not engage, just reverse. After a few off /on cycles it engaged and all was ok for the rest of the evening. Yesterday I took it to the dealer armed with the above post. New battery installed and software updated.
New battery after only 4 months?
Thank you for the posting

#5 Cobra348

Cobra348

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 296 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:See sigline - a Fiesta and a Fusion Hybrid

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hello from Canada,
I have had my blue Fiesta since September and currently has just under 9000 km.

I am new to this forum, just a couple days. I joined because I was searching for the issues you have mentioned above. I did have a couple of sluggish starts. I just thought it was the cold winters in the great white north. Then two evenings ago I would shift my transmission into gear and drive or low gear would not engage, just reverse. After a few off /on cycles it engaged and all was ok for the rest of the evening. Yesterday I took it to the dealer armed with the above post. New battery installed and software updated.
New battery after only 4 months?
Thank you for the posting

If you're not there, get into the Fiesta Faction forums (Ford forums) as well as here. A recent post in there was something as you describe - some poor guys wife got stranded at the mall. The issue MAY be with the grounds (3 if I recall) not contacting properly. In essence the fix in his case and a couple others was to grind off the paint from the anchor spots, put a protectant on it and reattach the grounds. No issues after that. I also think there is a TSB about it but I could be mistaken.

Someone remarked it's a case of a car being painted too well.

Edited by Cobra348, 29 December 2010 - 12:14 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra
Punch: 2014 SE Sedan, Storm Grey, Charcoal int, 41.46 MPG
Nytwing: 2015 Titanium Fusion Hybrid, Tuxedo Black, Terracotta Leather
, 45.7 MPG lifetime, 48.73 best MPG

#6 RWO

RWO

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

Here is the info on the Factory TSB

=================================================
TSB 10-19-6

FORD: 2011 Fiesta

ISSUE:
Some 2011 Fiesta vehicles may exhibit a hard start, no start, intermittent start, noise from bellhousing during start and/or various automatic transmission engagement concerns such as no engagement or intermittent no engagement in Drive or Reverse when shifting from Park to Drive or Reverse, grinding noise during engagement and/or a check engine light with transmission control module (TCM) diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P06B8 or P0884.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Remove attaching bolts for the G100 battery ground and G106 powertrain control module (PCM) ground. Remove the paint under the ground eyelet mounting locations. Apply Motorcraft® Electrical Grease to the bolts to prevent corrosion and reinstall. Torque bolts to 115 lb-in (13 Nm). (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 10-19-6

Using digital volt ohm meter (DVOM), measure battery voltage. Battery voltage must be between 12.5 and 14 volts. If below, charge and retest. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 414-01.

Using DVOM, with key on engine off (KOEO), measure voltage from battery positive terminal to G106 PCM ground bolt. Compare to battery voltage measurement in step 2. Voltage drop must be less than 0.5 volt difference. Refer to WSM, Section 414-00.

Using IDS, verify VPWR and B positive are between 12.5 and 14 volts. If not, refer to WSM for low voltage diagnostics.

Verify vehicle transmission:
Manual Transmission.
Do not continue with this procedure.

Automatic Transmission.
Proceed to Step 6.
Reprogram the TCM by reprogramming the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 69.02 and higher. The PCM and TCM are a matched set. The TCM can only be updated by updating the PCM. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2010.9 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at Buy Motorcraft Parts Online | Official Motorcraft Auto Parts Site | FordParts.com.

Perform all three TCM clutch adaptive learning routines (TRS, Shift Drum and Clutch). Refer to TCM Adaptive Learning in WSM, Section 307-11.
NOTE: IF A DRIVE CYCLE IS NOT COMPLETED, THE CUSTOMER MAY FEEL ERRATIC SHIFTS AND DRIVEABILITY CONCERNS.

================================================== =

#7 ppohio

ppohio

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

TSB 10-19-6

FORD: 2011 Fiesta

ISSUE:
Some 2011 Fiesta vehicles may exhibit a hard start, no start, intermittent start, noise from bellhousing during start and/or various automatic transmission engagement concerns such as no engagement or intermittent no engagement in Drive or Reverse when shifting from Park to Drive or Reverse, grinding noise during engagement and/or a check engine light with transmission control module (TCM) diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P06B8 or P0884.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

Just had this done to my car and it fixed the issues right up! Took about two hours at the dealership.

#8 Darryl

Darryl

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fiesta

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Great! I'm getting my 2012 Fiesta tran update done as well, soon.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ·