Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum.  Like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.

Be apart of the Ford Fiesta Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos, more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Fiesta SE - Possible auto trans issue - Advice ?

transmission

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peterz

peterz

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fiesta SE auto

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

recently bought a 2014 Fiesta SE for my daughter.   She is now experiencing occasionally significant shakiness in low speeds on acceleration from stop.  It has a dual clutch automatic transmission and I am finding out that this transmission is not well thought of and there have been many complaints over the last 3 years.   

What I am trying to determine though is whether there is a real problem or whether it is lack of knowledge about what to expect from a hybrid transmission like this... Is it normal for a dual clutch system to be a little rough or noisy at times under certain driving conditions as compared to a more conventional auto trans?

Any knowledgeable opinions or thoughts welcome .

pete

#2 Cobra348

Cobra348

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 296 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:See sigline - a Fiesta and a Fusion Hybrid

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

I think you've already seen some responses on the other forum - I included one there as well based on my experiences.  Let's see what others here have to say as well.

Larry - aka Cobra
Punch: 2014 SE Sedan, Storm Grey, Charcoal int, 41.46 MPG
Nytwing: 2015 Titanium Fusion Hybrid, Tuxedo Black, Terracotta Leather
, 45.7 MPG lifetime, 48.73 best MPG

#3 isntwehavingafiesta

isntwehavingafiesta

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Fiesta

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Some lurching can be expected at low speeds especially if you have an unsteady right foot.  Some sloppiness or imperfect shifting should be expected due simply by the nature of this transmission; it is a mechanical thing with gears and solenoids and clutches.  There is no "slush box" to disguise rough shifts.  Just keep in mind that this is the most fuel efficient automatic transmission available. It is not perfect, it is clunky and crude, but I love it.

Edited by isntwehavingafiesta, 09 August 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#4 ajtouchstone

ajtouchstone

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

I just bought a 2014 Fiesta Titanium with a 6 speed Automatic.  I have the same "shimmying" from dead stop through third gear.  I have a call into the service department at the dealer to check it out.  The service advisor said I have no safety concerns to worry about so I am not rushing the service.  But it does concern me even though it is definitely intermittent and I haven't been able to determine the circumstances of which it appears.  I'll reply with the outcome of the service appointment.

#5 Corvair

Corvair

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SE sedan 6 speed manual, 65 Corvair convertible Traded Fiesta for a '14 Accord 6 speed manual! Fiesta just was one problem after another.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

If it still is under warranty, take it back at once.  This transmission had many different ongoing problems.  I had the manual transmission, it had problems too.  

Dan,

2011 Fiesta SE Sedan, white 5 Speed manual Traded in! 

2014 Honda Accord 6 speed manual :shift: 
1965 Chevy Corvair Convertible

#6 whybnrmal1

whybnrmal1

New Fiesta Member

• Fiesta Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fiesta

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

I've had mine in the shop 3 times for the same shaking in my transmission. There seems to be an issue with the clutch, the clutch has been replaced in mine, the TCM has been reset and it still shakes and shudders when I accelerate from a stop or turning a corner and accelerating.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS) ·